Wild things!’ Silver Saplings project brings nature and people together for a greater sense of connection to Scotland’s great outdoors whilst simultaneously improving the health and wellbeing of some of the most vulnerable members of our society.
The project provides a wide range of activities including:-
- Taking older people on exciting daytrips to places of natural beauty and ecological interest.
- Working with residents in care homes who have limited mobility.
- Engaging children, teenagers and adults with outdoor health and wellbeing activities.
- Developing accredited outdoor leadership training designed to help unpaid and professional carers do more with loved ones and clients outdoors.
Help us to make our outdoors health and wellbeing programmes a reality for hundreds more people in 2020! We are seeking to raise £20K between now and May 2020 in order to get the Silver Saplings up and sprouting.
- Can you support Silver Saplings – £20K for 2020?
You’re not just looking at four walls. It’s getting that push to get out. It builds your stamina up and makes you feel a lot better. It takes the loneliness away.” Sheila
“It’s made me a lot happier. I suffer from depression a lot and coming out with Wild things! gets me into nature, which I love. It gets me with other people, which I’m also very fond of and I just love these days out.” Anna
“Coming out with Wild things! today has really helped my fitness. I find walking very difficult and you talk to people on the walk because they’re walking very slowly with me. It has been wonderful and I hope to be able to come out again and maybe that will really improve my walking and fitness.” Mo
Other ways to support our cause!
Can you or your school or social group help by holding a fundraiser?
Ideas that have come forward so far include:-
- Cake sales
- Beach cleans
But you choose what activity interests you the most. Here at Wild things! staff are fundraising to travel 2020 miles by the end of May 2020. That’s by bike, foot and swimming!
And don’t forget to like and share our campaign to make Silver Saplings a reality for hundreds more people!
Read more about Silver Saplings in Action