Enriching the Curriculum for Excellence through Outdoor Learning with our Forest Schools Programme.
Forest School turns our local woodlands into an outdoor classroom and natural playground. Using Scotland’s inspirational woodland environments for children to learn and play, our programme provides practical hands-on activities to capture interest and stimulate learning, whatever the weather!
Active outdoor experiences and games encourage children to enjoy healthy outdoor play whilst increasing their understanding of the world around them and the impact we have upon it.
Please contact us for more information or to book.
Forest School typically consists of six half-day visits, once per week, and takes place in a nearby woodland site agreed with each school.
We offer a variety of different themes for Forest School, depending on the time of year, funding and current national topics such as ‘Time Travelling’ or ‘Mental Health and Wellbeing’. We can also link sessions to classroom topics, such as: Biodiversity; Conservation and Environmental Enterprise.
- Spring is an opportunity for children investigate wildlife as it emerges after the winter.
- Summer months enable children to observe wildlife and identify species.
- Autumn is a time to understand the interdependence of life as the season changes.
- Winter months enable children to appreciate how species adapt and survive.
Forest School is a proven way to build confidence, self-esteem and social skills. Groups also have the option to complete their ‘Discover Award’, the first stage of the John Muir Award Scheme (for pupils Primary 4 and above).
Wild things! will provide all resources and equipment with spare quality outdoor clothing for pupils also available. Our enthusiastic and qualified leaders bring a wealth of practical skills, experience, conservation knowledge, educational games, and fun!
Please Contact Us for further information.
- Group Size: 10-15 children per group, with a maximum of 30 children per session. Ratio of 2:15 (1x Wild things! leader, plus 1x teacher/adult support per 15 children)
- Cost: £350 per Forest School programme, dependent on available funding.
Please Contact Us if you wish to book a Forest School programme.
“Increased and developed their understanding of the natural world and helped them to appreciate what’s on their doorstep and the importance of looking after the environment” – Teacher
”Organised, prepared leaders kept the pupils engaged and active. Lots of relevant learning” – Teacher