Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour Level 5 is an accredited training course, aimed at up-skilling professionals or organisations regularly working with people, who may at times present behavioural challenges.
On the course you will learn to understand different types of behaviour and what drives it and identify practical strategies for effectively preventing and working with challenging behaviour. You will also develop tools to help the people you are working with change their behaviour.
The course will look at participants expectations, include activities to support the course content, creative contract setting and how to use these to build participation and commitment to the learning journey.
Building rapport and relationships
- Learn how to find out more about others and what’s important to them
- Explore the benefits of putting time and energy into building rapport and relationships
- Learn effective tools to strengthen the relationship building process
What is Challenging behaviour?
- Understand what behaviour is Internally and Externally – Total Behaviour model
- Identify different types of behaviour; Aggressive, abusive, violent, nonaggressive challenging behaviour. Outlining cycle of anger
- Examine what drives all behaviour – Basic Needs Model by describing warning signs that may precede aggressive behaviour
Strategies for working with challenging behaviour
- Explore Individual and organisational considerations
- Understand potential causes and triggers and preventative strategies such as effective communication in challenging situations
- Identify relevant work place scenarios of challenging behaviour
- Demonstrate a range of practical strategies to apply to workplace scenarios generated from practice
Change Challenging behaviour to behaviour
- Examine what is required to move behaviour on from being challenging to being able to work with it effectively
- Understand what is required to move young people on from repetitive, self-destructive behaviours
- Describe defusing techniques
Roles and Boundaries
- Explore our role when working with young people
- Legal and ethical requirements. Sharing and recognising best practice
This course is for anyone who may be working with groups of young people, people suffering from mental health concerns, recovering from illness or addictions. Participants will learn to understand different types of behaviour and what drives it and identify practical strategies for effectively preventing and working with challenging behaviour.
Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour Level 5 is an OCN accredited course. The tools you will learn will prove to be a great addition to the skill set for people working in professions, such as:
- Teaching Assistants
- Social Workers
- Outdoor Instructors
- Group Leaders
- Youth Workers
All necessary learning resources will be provided.
Training for this course is provided by Developing Youth Practice, who are an OCN recognised training centre. Maximum group size is 16 participants.
Please Contact Us is you require any additional information.
Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour Level 5 is excellent value at just £175 for the full 2-Day course. The course fee includes tuition, accreditation registration fees, a managing challenging behaviour tool-kit, and all necessary learning materials. This fee does not include accommodation or any meals. We can supply a list of nearby accommodation if required.
Select your chosen course from the dates and options listed above and complete the online booking form and make payment to confirm your place.
Please feel free to Contact Us for additional information, or if you wish to pay a deposit to secure your booking.